Le campane della Certosa di Pavia (PV)

The building of the famous Carthusian Monastery of Pavia began on 27 August 1396 with the laying of the foundation stone in the presence of Duke Gian Galeazzo Visconti. The monument was built in fulfilment of a vow made by his wife, who miraculously escaped death during childbirth. The nobleman planned to build the shrine as his mausoleum, after having promoted the construction of the magnificent Milan Cathedral. The construction of all the cloisters and the central church dedicated to the Virgin of Graces lasted about a century, giving tourists one of the most beautiful and visited monuments in the world. It is considered the most beautiful church in northern Italy and one of the most famous in Europe. Its beauty derives from the combination of Gothic and Renaissance styles. e' flat - f' - f''' f' sharp - f'' sharp The bell tower was completed in 1690, the year in which the large bells that still stand today were commissioned. The largest bell was made by the Bonavilla family in 1691, while the second was added the following year on the upper floor. The foundry commissioned by Napoleon made a third small bell in 1816, which was added a few years ago to the bell tower as the monks' choir bell. Two friends gave me a gift, as it is not possible to access these parts of the monastery. Most of the pictures are unpublished, as no one has access to either the bell tower or the private frescoed parts inside the cloisters. The ringing was performed by sending a message by telephone; the control unit that controls the bells, receiving the message, rings them. Ringing with three bells is rare; it is only used at Easter, Christmas and Patron's Day. The large cloister still has the cells in which the monks lived, an element found in all other ancient abbeys. The clock tower has been connected since 1731 to three different mechanical dials, which simultaneously mark the same time, which is marked by the tolling of the two bells cast in 1844 by the last Bonavilla heir and in 1772 by Mainoni. The monastery was suppressed on 16 December 1782 by Austrian Emperor Joseph II, so that their property could be forfeited. The church passed to the Cistercians, who were driven out by the French army in 1798. After being plundered of all property, the monastery passed to the Carmelites and was then finally closed by Napoleon in 1810. On 7 July 1866, the monastery was declared a national monument and during World War II covered with sandbags to preserve it from bombing. Today it is governed by the Benedictines of Casamari. #bell #church #catholic #italy #landscape #music #bells #christmas #cinematic #history #catholicchurch #view Music track: Cinematic Trailer Violin by Infraction [No Copyright Music] / End Of The Battle